Multi-talented Graphic Designer with 10+ years experience in art direction, branding, packaging, print and web design. Focused manager and leader who sets clear goals, manages resources, and wins the loyalty of staff and clients. Develops solutions to challenging business needs while driving growth and securing a profitable future for an organization.
US Foods, Packaging Design Manager, 2009-Present
Manager-level Responsibilities: Develop and execute creative strategy for commercial retail products of a leading food service distributor. Interact with the Senior Creative Director and merchandising executives to evaluate current projects. Create packaging that appeals to a professional customer group (chef’s and restaurant owners). Ensure brand consistency across print and digital marketing channels. Contract and supervise freelance creatives, and art direct photo-shoots and food styling. Negotiate contracts with freelance staff. Work across departments in cross-functional team to identify ways to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Designed a packaging strategy for re-branding based on extensive market research
and study of competitors.
- Developed a concept for “prosumers,” professional chefs/operators shopping in a
specialty retail setting.
Design & Project Management: Plan and direct projects from concept to delivery. Meet with internal clients to set goals and deadlines. Develop concept branding materials, frequently working with senior copywriters. Design a variety of products, including packaging, labels, brochures, identity work, web layout, banners, animation, and style guides. Select typography that is aligned with each project’s marketing message and audience. Develop themes and products used at food shows, including large format signs and banners.
Walgreens, Senior Graphic Designer, 2004-2009
Managed design projects from concept through delivery for the health care services division of a leading national pharmacy (Fortune 500). Developed plans that required an understanding of B2B marketing processes, branding, sales, and production. Created sell sheets, scientific presentation posters, patient education materials, ad campaigns, and brochures. Contributed to multimedia presentations. Balanced creative energy with business goals.
- Improved workflow 40% by implementing InCopy software that enhanced collaboration and productivity. Trained staff to use the software.
- Gained experience working as an Art Director.
- Developed concepts, images, and messages for a children’s hospital that focused on emotional appeals to parents.
- Created materials for a smoking cessation campaign that balanced educational
and motivational impact.
- Cited in Graphic Design USA for creative design of a business reply card.
- Frequently recognized in reviews for strong project management skills.
Wells Lamont, Graphic Designer, 2002-2004
Designed packaging and related materials (product catalogs, POP displays, and sales training videos) for a leading manufacturer of industrial and retail gloves. Created layouts for work, children’s, and gardening products that required different consumer appeals.
- Achieved 30% savings by persuading managers to move from PC to Mac.
- Hired from an Intern position.
Freelance Art Director, 2001-Present
Advise clients as an Art Director and consultant. Produce print and digital designs, including packaging, corporate identity work, and multi-channel marketing collateral. Develop brand guidelines and trained clients how to use them.
- Designed album art covers, websites, and videos for musicians that followed
consistent brand identities.
- Produced several 1-2 page brochure websites.
- Shoot and edit video.
Kinnara Productions, 2004-Present
Responsible for the production, distribution, and promotion of commercially released CDs. Distributions channels include iTunes and CD Baby. Support and advise the creative vision of featured musicians by managing timelines and recording studios.
Adobe CS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InCopy
Web Design: HTML, WordPress, CSS, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash
Video: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, After Effects
MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher
Sketching, Story Boards, Concepts, and Photography
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY, Chicago, Illinois, 2003 Graduate
Bachelors in Graphic Design and Studio Art